We moved into our new house this weekend. Somehow — in spite of all the boxes and sore muscles — it still doesn’t feel real yet.
It’s an understatement to say there’s a lot going on right now — moving into a new house with Indie Craft Parade less than a week away. But in addition to the never-ending to do lists and brief moments of panic, I have also been overwhelmed by so many good things. Just a few that come to mind:
· The number of friends and family who helped us move, many volunteering at the last minute.
· Our internet getting set up five days earlier(!) than expected.
· Getting to be in church yesterday instead of the nursery because there were enough adults to go around.
· This house. There is no doubt in my mind that God gave us “far more abundantly than all we could ask or think.”
· Moving this weekend instead of last = a Labor Day sale on the washer and dryer we need.
· Far away family checking on us and celebrating with us.
· The thoughtfulness of people to do things like water our plants and cook food for us.
Needless to say, I feel very blessed.